...

.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Ed Ruscha Says Goodbye To College Joys


Ed Ruscha Says Goodbye To College Joys

Okay I am responding to Andrew Russeth's prompt to post Ed Ruscha's Jan 1967 Artforum advertisement... 'Ed Ruscha Says Goodbye To College Joys'.

I've been collecting artist's ads as art for about a year, wanting to post them all someday but keep waiting for it to be complete... although I doubt it ever will be... the newsprint stuff is impossible to find.

Plus I think David Platzker or someone has the same eBay 'watch list' that I do and keeps outbidding me.

RELATED: the NYMagazine cover with Dan Colen, Dash Snow, Ryan McGinley... January 2007, exactly 40 years later.

9 comments:

David Platzker said...

Hi, David Platzker here. Flattering, I suppose, but it's not me who's bidding stuff up!

Martin said...

i've got so many awesome treasures!

david i am going to come see that richard prince show.

Andrew Russeth said...

Thank you, Martin! This is pure joy!

Anonymous said...

Betcha can't guess who the girls are! Hint, they have been an integral part of the New York art world since the late 70s, and they are connected to each other still. Happy hunting!

Martin said...

whoah i was wondering who they were... okay now i have to find out.

Anonymous said...

wish i could say, but i feel like one of them wouldn't like me even saying i knew...but they are both terrific people and you know them, if you are in the contempo world at all!

Ingo C said...

Cindy Sherman to the right??

Martin said...

cindy sherman graduated from suny buffalo in 1976... i think she would have been too young the time of this photo and not have any connection to the LA art scene (?).

but thanks for the guess!

Martin said...

i have a couple ideas, but want to confirm....