...

.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Armory Show 2012


Nicole Eisenman, at Susanne Vielmetter.

The Armory Show, 2012 - pretty much a dud this year. All the good galleries I am used to seeing are waiting for Frieze week. There were a lot of 'filler' galleries, making the Armory nothing special and definitely not cool.

BUT here are some highlights!


Thomas Ovlisen, at V1 Gallery. They are reversible and up-endable... it's OK to pick them up and turn them around.

This was part of the Nordic section, but he shows in NYC with Klaus von Nichtssagend... his show Tomato just closed... I have some fun pics on my flickr.


Arlene Shechet, at Jack Shainman, being visited by Glenn Lowry.


Bjarne Melgaard - the Armory was so lame I am showing a sofa...

(this was actually a very good all-Melgaard booth)


Eric Doeringer

- I didn't take any photos but the Tony Matelli mirrors with Leo Koenig were good.

No comments: